AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Corporate / M & A
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Critical Contracts
- Aviation Law
A graduate from the University of Tehran and Allameh Tabataba’i University (Iran) and attorney-at-law, Nasim has founded Gheidi & Associates Law Office in 2012 and prior to that she used to act as an associate for the prominent and pioneer International Law Office of Dr. Akhlaghi & Associates. She also acted as Contract Advisor, at Foreign Legal Dept., Iran Air since 2006 to 2009. Her main areas of expertise are corporate law, international trade, compliance and legal risk management. She has experience with advising reputable global companies doing business in Iran including Samsung Gulf Electronics, Lufthansa Group, Emirates and Vitabiotics on long-term basis since founding Gheidi & Associate. As the managing partner of Gheidi & Associates, Nasim was successful to develop strong and sustainable business relationships with esteemed international law firms around the world such as regional Colibri Law Firm and Korean Jipyong Law Firm.
Nasim’s previous representative experience includes [Some clients’ names are not mentioned due to confidentiality]:
- Cooperating with Centil Law Firm (former Colibri) on advising a Kazakhstani National Company on investment project (M&A and due diligence) on construction and operation of Railway Container Terminal in Iran.
- Cooperating with Centil Law Firm (former Colibri) on advising a reputable Russian Company on M&A and due diligence project on locomotive and rail equipment.
- Cooperating with Jipyong on advising a Korean client on investment and capital injection (M&A and due diligence) in Iran by establishment of a joint-venture with an Iranian large advertising company.
- Advising a large electronics company on establishment of a new subsidiary in Iran.
- Advising two European low-cost carriers on doing business in Iran.
- Advising one of the largest Airlines Company on handling the legal issues arising from the air crash as there were two Iranian nationals among the victims.
- Advising Lufthansa Group such as Lufthansa Cargo and LSG on doing business in Iran.
- Advising a Korean large company on unbundling one of its businesses.
- Defining contract management process for multinational client doing business in Iran, training the employees to learn the process and seconding associates to run and monitor the contract process and compliance issues in clients’ offices.
- Designing series of legal training for clients’ managers and employees in order to increase their awareness on corporate legal risks. The training sessions includes understanding of compliance, trade secrets, contract management, anti-corruption, anti-competition and data protection.
- Advising Samsung on legal risks associated with launch of new products including not limited to S-Health.
- Advising several Korean Multinational Companies including Samsung and its subsidiaries and also Korean individual investors in the fields of telecommunications, construction and petrochemicals on corporate compliance, joint venture establishment and direct investment.
- Advising a Spanish fragrance & flavor Company on joint venture establishment and FIPPA regulations in Iran.
- Advising one of the multinational pharmaceutical company on purchase of a land for factory establishment for pharmaceutical purposes in Iran.
- Advising clients on separate referrals on downsizing and global restructure and the issues related to employment relationship with clients’ employees.
- Processing the registration and objection process of more than 200 Trademarks of a well-known pharmaceutical company and its sister companies in Iran.
- Providing the clients with numerous legal opinions on Iran competition regulations and anti-competitive practices.
- Advising one of a large electronics company on implementation of marketing staff (employees of retailers) based on specified factors by using IMEI numbers plan in Iran and check its compliance with Iran rules and regulations.
- Advising a Korean pharmaceutical company in doing business with Iran and establishment of a distribution relation with Iranian partner.
- Advising some Korean and German reputable brands [such as Samsung, Etude, Laneige, Coway & Assa Abloy] in doing business in Iran and on distributorship relations with Iranian partners.
- Advising an Austrian holding on pharmaceutical on investment and capital injection in Iran.
- Advising a seismic exploration Russian company on participating in governmental tenders.
- Advising a distinguished Iranian company on establishment of a Joint Venture with an international engineering and service company on escalator and elevator industry.
- Advising some distributors of escalators and elevators on their distributorship relations with foreign companies.
- LLM, International Trade Law, Allameh Tabataba’I University 2012, Grade A
- LLB, University of Tehran 2002, Grade A
CERTIFICATES & ACTIVITIES
- Bar Certificate No.19988 issued by Iran Central Bar Association, July 2010
- Contributed on preparing the Iran Chapter at Delos Guide to Arbitration Places (GAP).
- Contributing author on Chambers Global Practice Guide, the pharmaceutical advertising 2018
- Contributing author on EFILA Blog on a series on commercial arbitration 2017
- Legal editor, Persian translation of U.N Convention on Contracts for the International Carriage of Goods Wholly or Partly by Sea, published by ICC Iran, 2012
- Speaker at the second ICC YAF seminar on New ICC Arbitration Rules and the Future Perspectives, Tehran, July 2012
- English – Fluent
- Farsi – Native